Do you feel stuck in your life?
Don’t worry, we all find ourselves in stages of our lives where we feel like we are trapped and can’t seem to move on to the next chapter in our lives.
This is what motivated me to start The Emotion Machine, a psychology and self improvement website with over 450 articles and 2,000 visitors a day from all walks of life.
Starting a life of self improvement can seem uncomfortable and daunting at first, but here are some good first steps to take to jump-start your journey – are you ready?
Step 1: Get Your Free E-book
Join over 7,000 people who receive free email updates from The Emotion Machine and get instant access to the ebook, The Science of Self-Affirmations:
Step 2: Join the Community
If you would like to connect with other people interested in self improvement you’re welcome to join our Facebook community by clicking “Like” in the box below:
Step 3: The Best of The Emotion Machine
Since 2009 The Emotion Machine has published more than 450 posts on topics related to creating positive change in your life. Here are some of the most popular articles:
- The 4 Fundamental Pillars of Emotional Intelligence
- How to Create Psychological Distance Between You and Your Past
- How to Completely Forgive Yourself
- 5 Signs You’re a Slave to Your Emotions
- 7 Ways to Connect More With Your Emotional Self
- 5 Attitudes Wired in Happy and Successful Brains
- 30 Positive Reframes: How to Start Changing Your Perspective on Life
- 3 Types of Exaggerated Thinking That Create Unecessary Drama
- 5 Reasons to Calm Down Your Analytical Mind
- The 20 Most Common Logical Fallacies We Fall Victim to Everyday
- Identify Your Habit Loops
- The Complete Guide to Stress
- Urge Surfing: How to Overcome Addictive Behaviors
- When You Should Do The Opposite of What You Feel
- How to Change Habits With 20 Minutes of Visualization
- How to Become a Master of Nonverbal Communication
- 3 Reasons to Give People the Benefit of the Doubt
- How to Rewire Your Brain to Be More Kind to Others
- 8 Things Society Says You Need to Do (But You Really Don’t)
- 8 Powerful Tips to Improve Your Persuasion
- 100 Breaths Meditation
- 3 Common Problems When First Starting Meditation
- Stop Meditation: Daily Injections of Mindfulness
- The Scientifically Proven Benefits of Mindfulness
- 5 Scientific Reasons You Should Believe in Free Will
- Unconscious Positivity: 5 Ways to Ingrain Happiness Into Your Way of Life
- What Do You Live For? A 5 Minute Exercise to Discover Your Most Important Values
- Power Posing: Using Your Body to Improve Confidence and Reduce Stress
- The 5 Key Stages of the Creative Process
Hi, this is Steven Handel – founder, blogger, and author at The Emotion Machine.
I’ve been studying various aspects of psychology and self-improvement for the past 8 years. It’s something that originally began in trying to improve my own life, but has steadily evolved into helping others as well.
The Emotion Machine itself has existed since June 2009. I first began writing it during my senior year in college at Binghamton University, where I was finishing my BA in psychology.
At that point I had already studied different aspects of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Social Psychology, Positive Psychology, meditation, hypnosis, and NLP in addition to my academic education.
However, I ended up opting out of going to graduate school because I felt I could learn more at a faster rate if I could manage my own curriculum. I was never previously interested in pursuing a professional career in psychology, I was always more interested in how psychology applied to the real world.
Since graduating I’ve continued to follow new studies and research on a daily basis. Most of you are familiar with me sharing and writing about this research on The Emotion Machine, as well as on Facebook and Twitter.
Today, The Emotion Machine has over 450+ free articles on psychology and self-improvement and gets over 2,000 visitors a day from people of all different walks of life. In the past couple of years I’ve also written a bunch of digital guides that I have packaged into The Science of Self Improvement.
My life is centered around learning and teaching self improvement as much as possible. There isn’t a day that goes by where I am not discovering new things and sharing them with others.
Don’t forget to sign up to The Emotion Machine mailing list and get your free guide The Science of Self-Affirmations: