Get your FREE download of "The Science of Self-Affirmations"

Archive for the ‘Personal Development’ Category

Cancel Your RSVP to the Pity Party

Sometimes having a pity party is easier than accepting responsibility and trying to make a conscious change in our lives. While I like to give ourselves permission to feel negative every now and then, a pity party is when we become addicted to these toxic emotions, and this can greatly inhibit our self-esteem and personal […]

6 Comments

The Right To Take Up Space

People who may suffer from excessive shyness and social anxiety often have internal beliefs that reinforce their behavior. A common belief at the root of this social anxiety is that deep down we don’t feel like we deserve positive attention. Instead of speaking our minds, we feel like we should cause as little disturbance as […]

9 Comments

Sitters and Rovers: Healthy Risk-Taking

Some biologists say that between 15-20% of the animal kingdom are sitters. They are defined as having a passive temperament – “slow-to-warm up” to their surroundings, and “often sitting on the sidelines observing.” The other 80% of animals are rovers. The have a more aggressive temperament, making them more engaged with their environment and motivated […]

6 Comments

God Gave You A Mind – Speak It!

I believe our minds are the most powerful things we have, yet each one seems to be a bit different. We all have different thoughts, ideas, values, and beliefs about the world and how we should live in it. I personally think it’s great, because the more diversity we have in our thoughts and beliefs, […]

10 Comments

Living Authentically With Evan Hadkins

It was my privilege to get to interview Evan Hadkins from Living Authentically – a great blog on self-development and mental health. Evan has actually been blogging since April 2007 and he’s been a consistent contributor to the personal development movement ever since. One thing I admire about Evan is that he is very outspoken […]

3 Comments