Simple tips for learning how to take criticism like a champ.
- Listen to everyone, no matter how painful.
- Acknowledge good points made by the other side.
- Admit when you make mistakes and learn from them.
- You can disagree without being disrespectful.
- Depersonalize criticism by not identifying with it.
- Remember not everyone knows what is best for you.
- Anyone who has done anything great has had critics. It’s part of being a success.
- Know the difference between your core values and when you are just being stubborn.
- Try your best to never resort to personal attacks or insults.
- You can understand someone’s point of view without necessarily agreeing with them.
- Consider criticism a necessary component to growth and personal evolution.
- Actively encourage others to give healthy and constructive criticism.
- Taking criticism like a champ takes practice and experience. You need to be willing to face it on a daily basis.
Stay updated on new articles and resources in psychology and self improvement from The Emotion Machine: